Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Eagles: Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975)

I found the record Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975) in my mom's record stash when I was a kid. I was always going through her records and listening, trying to find my own musical tastes and (unknowingly) building the foundation for what would eventually become my own direction in music. Anybody who has ever had Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975) in his hands knows that there isn't a bad song on the record. I, of course, loved what I heard and purchased everything by the Eagles.

If, however, you are one of those people who don't like the deep album cuts and are only concerned with hits and such, this is the Eagles record you want to start with. These songs are essential listening for someone who wants to hear iconic Eagles songs. There's also Eagles Greatest Hits, Vol. 2, which covers later classics and is also a must-have for the "hits" fan, but the focus here is the first collection.

You'll probably recognize these songs immediately, even if you have been living under a rock. There's not a song here that hasn't been played on the radio countless times. Take it Easy, Witchy Woman, Lyin' Eyes, Already Gone, Desperado, One of these Nights, Tequila Sunrise, Take It to the Limit, Peaceful, Easy Feeling, and Best of My Love are all here. Not a bad song in the batch.

Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975) is an essential cruising CD. Keep it in your car, listen to it often. It's good driving music, great sing-along stuff, and all-around feel-good music.

I mentioned there's also Eagles Greatest Hits, Vol. 2, which will also bring you a great deal of listening pleasure, but if you seriously want a great package by the Eagles, you can get both of these collections and a few other singles on The Very Best Of (also known as The Complete Greatest Hits), a two-disc collection that will keep you singing the Eagles on a regular basis.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Eagles! Hard to pick my favorite of their's. Probably Lying Eyes and Desperado...oh, and I love them all this album. One song I never cared a lot for is Hotel California. Probably from the next album. They are really good, still are. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are, Linda, and it is impossible to pick a favorite from this album. One that never gets old and not a bad song to be found. Thank you for all your support. I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete