Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Salute the Ric -- Rickenbacker Bass Guitars

The first bass I ever got was a Fender Jazz bass. My mom got it for me for Christmas one year. The second bass, which my mom also bought for me, was a blue and white Rickenbacker. It was a beautiful thing. I've been in love with the Rickenbacker bass guitars ever since.

Rickenbacker bass guitars have been played by many bass players, including Lemmy of Motorhead, Geddy Lee of Rush, Paul Goddard of The Atlanta Rhythm Section and Rick James. These are just some of the high profile players that played Rickenbacker almost exclusively. Other bassists who have played Rickenbacker include Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy, Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath, Timothy B. Schmidt from the Eagles, Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones, Glenn Hughes of Deep Purple, John Entwistle of The Who, Joey DeMaio of Manowar, and John Deacon of Queen. I could keep going, but you get the point.

Rickenbacker basses have a distinct sound. A little more on the treble side. The unique body shape feels great in the hands. Nice balance and they look really cool. When it comes to playing bass, I would choose a Rickenbacker over any other bass on the market, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment