Thursday, November 27, 2014

Interview with Gypsy Sister Mellie Stanley

Carl Hose: Can you remember how you were first approached with the idea of doing your own show, Gypsy Sisters, and what did you think of the idea?

Mellie Stanley: We were offered the spin off after our family done a couple of episodes of TLC's My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding. I thought it sounded fun! 

CH: In a season of, if I'm not mistaken, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, you were stripping and Nettie showed up where you worked. It was pretty clear that was more upsetting to you than if it had been anyone else. Why?

MS: Because that's my Sister! I just didn't want her there! That actually happened on the first season of Gypsy Sisters! 

CH: You've come a long way since those days. What have been some of the biggest challenges in overcoming that part of your past? Do you feel you have to justify it or do you simply see it as a part of your past better left behind?

MS: I have come A LONG ways! But my past will always be there. I just had to learn some lessons! And yes, it's definitely my past, and I'm not looking back! 

CH: You've been called the black sheep of the family. Do you feel that is an accurate way to describe you? Is that the way you see yourself?

MS: In the beginning, YES! But the tides are turning! At that point I was because I was doing EVERYTHING I should not have been doing! 

CH: What is the most satisfying part of doing the Gypsy Sisters show for you?

MS: The time that it gives me to spend with Little Richard and the rest of my drama filled crazy family! But most importantly, I am in a better situation to take care of myself and Lil Richard! The experiences we have been able to experience so far make it all worth it! 

CH: Do you see a downside in the celebrity status the show has brought you?

MS: Nope! And let me tell you why! The way I see it, some will love me and some will hate me. I accepted that long ago. I may be seen as a "celebrity," but I'm still just the simple crazy girl that I have always been! 

CH: It's pretty clear to anyone who follows you how important baby Richard is to you. How do you balance being a single mother with the show's schedule?

MS: LITTLE RICHARD is and always will be my number 1 priority! I was filming before I got pregnant. So honestly, I just had to learn how to adjust to the scheduling of being a single mom and the scheduling of filming! To put it simple, I knew it had to be done, so I learned how to just do it. So far I can't complain! 

CH: Do you ever feel pressured to act a certain way on social media because you are so much in the spotlight?

MS: No! Because whether I'm filming or behind a computer or just shopping at the mall, I'm always Mellie! So honestly, what you see is what ya get with me! 

CH: What is one thing fans don't know about you that you'd like them to know?

MS: When I was a kid growing up I thought I wanted to be a lawyer! I NEVER thought in a MILLION YEARS that I would be on TV and have a show about my family! 

CH: What is your favorite, food, favorite color, and you favorite song? 

MS: I love Italian! Especially pizza! I like the color blue. I like everything when it comes to music! But right now I'm really liking Iggy Azaleas Black Widow! She tweeted about our show Gypsy Sisters not long ago! I think she is awesome! 

CH: Any special Mellie Stanley projects coming up fans should know about?

MS: YES! Lots of things are in the works! We have a Gypsy Sisters Holiday Special Premiering on TLC in the US on Dec. 11th at 9/8c. The Holiday special will Premiere in the UK on Dec. 17th at 9pm on TLC UK! 
Also, Kayla Annie and I will be in Charlotte NC on Dec 6th for Charlottes Gets F*#%* Weird The Billionaires Apparel's 4th Anniversary Event hosted by Get F*#%* Weird! Doors open at 9pm and we will be hanging out, signing autographs, taken pictures and partying with all of you! Don't forget to get your tickets today! Ticket information can be found on all of our Twitter and Facebooks!  Hope to see you in Charlotte Getting Weird with your favorite gypsy girls! 

Don't forget to check out some behind the scene and bonus scenes of #GypsySisters at tlc.com

Also follow me on Social Media for updates, events, and everything else!

 Visit  http://www.gypsyliciousbykayla.com to get the latest news and purchase your own Gypsy Sisters stuff.

Twitter: @iAmGypsyMellie

Instagram: MellieBaby25


 Don't forget to checkout Kayla's new YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/GypsyliciousByKayla

No comments:

Post a Comment