Thursday, November 27, 2014

Interview with Gypsy Sister Annie Williams

Carl Hose: How did you come to be involved in the Gypsy Sister series and did you watch it before you did?

Annie Williams: Of course I watched! I will ALWAYS support my sister Kayla and the rest of my family! I was actually on TLC's My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding and they filmed my wedding! After that me and my family made guest appearances on other episodes. After that, TLC offered my sister and our cousins a spin-off, which gave life to Gypsy Sisters. I made appearances during the first season. After season one, TLC asked if I would be interested in becoming a cast member! And well, I guess the rest is history! 

CH: How aware are you when you're filming the show? Are you conscious of how you act and do you try to modify it for the cameras or are you just yourself?

AW: Yes sir! I am very aware of what's going on when we are filming! I am very conscious of what's happening, however, I can't be modified and I won't be! 

CH: How do you balance your personal life with your celebrity as a Gypsy Sister?

AW: I don't even know where to begin with this one! To be honest, from the beginning I had no clue how big our show would become, so I didn't really think about it, but now, I just have to learn as I go, and you know, so far it's going pretty good! 

CH: Do you run into a lot of people that recognize you from the show, and if so, how do you handle being approached in public places?

AW: Yep! It's like everywhere we go now! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT, but I still can't believe it's real life or that's it's actually happening to me! I know that the fans give us this chance, so I speak,
and take pictures with everyone! 

CH: You're active on social media. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter, and how important is the relationship with your fans through these outlets?

AW: Both! I love being able to keep our fans updated with what's going on! It give us a chance to be ourselves and stay connected with them! 

CH: How do you feel about watching yourself on TV?

AW: Its funny! But I still find it weird seeing myself on TV! I still pinch myself every now and again to make sure it's real life! But again, I wouldn't change it for nothing! 

CH: Which of the other girls do you spend the most time with away from the show? Is there one that you seem to be in tune with more than the others?

AW: Of course my sister Kayla! We are attached at the hip! We can never go too long not talking or being away from one another! 

CH: How serious are you about gypsy tradition, particularly some of the superstitions gypsies believe in?

AW: Very serious! It's my life and my culture! It's what I have known my whole life! And yes, the superstitions are some of the most important to me, lol! You best believe I'm not playing with that! 

CH: What is your favorite and least favorite part of being on Gypsy Sisters?

AW: Beingaway from my family sometimes, and the long hours, can be difficult, but getting to make all of these memories and traveling with the family and my girls make it all worth it! And the love and support from our loyal fans make me wake up and say ok, lets do this!

CH: Do you have a favorite episode?

AW: The entire NOLA TRIP! It was flawless!! It was an experience I will NEVER forget!! Don't forget the fireballs! 

CH: Now some fan stuff. What is your favorite color, favorite flower, favorite food, and favorite TV show?

AW: My favorite color is pink! I love the pink rose ! I love my steak and potatoes! I'm a country girl! 

GYPSY SISTERS of course! But I watch a lot! Survivor! Sons of Anarchy! Big brother! And Nashville! Gotta give my friends over at Welcome to Myrtle Manor a shout! I LOVE THAT SHOW! 

CH: What can fans look for,from you in the near future?

AW: A LOT! We have a lot going on right now and you will just have to stay tuned for what's next! 

We have a Gypsy Sisters Holiday Special Premiering on TLC in the US on Dec. 11th at 9/8c. The Holiday special will Premiere in the UK on Dec. 17th at 9pm on TLC UK! 

Also, Kayla, Mellie and I will be in Charlotte NC on Dec 6th for Charlottes Gets F*#%* Weird The Billionaires Apparel's 4th Anniversary hosted by Get F*#%* Weird! Doors open at 9pm and we will be hanging out, signing autographs, taken pictures and partying with all of you! Don't forget to get your tickets today! Ticket information can be found on all of our Twitter and Facebook!  Hope to see you in Charlotte Getting Weird with your favorite gypsy girls!

CH: Thank you for talking with me, Annie.

AW: No, thank you for talking with me! Had a blast with this interview! 

Don't forget - Don't mess with me or my Gypsy Sisters!

Don't forget to check out some behind the scene and bonus scenes of #GypsySisters at tlc.com

Also follow me on Social Media for updates, events, and everything else!

 Visit  http://www.gypsyliciousbykayla.com to get the latest news and purchase your own Gypsy Sisters stuff.

Twitter: @anniejohnston12


Don't forget to checkout Kayla's new YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/GypsyliciousByKayla

No comments:

Post a Comment