Wednesday, January 15, 2014

No Guts . . . No Glory

No Guts . . . No Glory. This is my all-time favorite Molly Hatchet album and one of the albums I always keep on my iPod. Why? Because I never tire of it. There isn't a bad song on the record, man. Not one.

No Guts . . . No Glory is the fifth album by Molly Hatchet and marked the return of the original vocalist, the late, great Danny Joe Brown. Besides the haunting Fall of the Peacemakers, this album featured the driving What's It Gonna Take and the ode to love in all the wrong places, Kinda Like Love. And those are just three of the dynamite songs on this album. There's the rousing Ain't Even Close and the all-out boogie of Sweet Dixie too.

Molly Hatchet is one of the most underrated bands in southern rock. Everybody gives it up for Lynyrd Skynyrd, and hey, I don't want to take anything away from the boys. Southern wouldn't be southern without them. I'm just saying the same holds true for Molly Hatchet. Give credit where it's due. These guys can southern boogie with the best of them.

I'm a huge Hatchet fan, and while I could recommend any of their albums, this one really does it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment