Saturday, January 18, 2014

Aerosmith Rocks

This is an album I'm happy to be talking about. Aerosmith's Rocks. I love this record. Besides the killer tracks Back in the Saddle and Last Child, there's the driving boogie of Rats in the Cellar, the chunky swagger of Combination, and the catchy, classic Aerosmith groove of Sick as a Dog. Another tune on the album that sports the classic Aerosmith sound is Lick and a Promise. Great song. There's also a neat little ballad called Home Tonight.

Those are just some of the cool tracks on Rocks. Nobody's Fault and Get the Lead Out complete the album, both hot tracks as well.

To be honest, I feel like this is one of Aerosmith's best. Some of their older stuff tends to get lost in the crowd because of their newer stuff. Fact is, classic 70s Aerosmith kicks ass. Yeah, the 90s were good to Aerosmith, but they rocked in the 70s. This album is a prime example.

2 comments:

  1. I love Aerosmith and Steven Tyler. But I do lean more towards the 90s songs. I will listen to your recommendations!! I'm always up for anything really. You'd be surprised at all the different songs on my phone! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 90s songs are awesome. Good stuff, but different than the classic Aerosmith. This is a great album, but if you prefer the 90s stuff and just want the best of their 70s, get Aerosmith's Greatest Hits that includes, Dream On, Walk This Way, etc.

    ReplyDelete