Friday, December 20, 2013

Eric Clapton - Layla or Layla?

Just curious, which version of Layla do you prefer? I normally love acoustic versions of songs and my wife typically doesn't. She heard the acoustic version of Layla before she heard the original, and when she heard the original version, she thought it sucked. I love the original version. Not crazy about the acoustic version of the song at all. To me, it's too sleepy and loses the beauty of the original. Weigh in on this, people. I'm curious as hell to see what everybody thinks.

3 comments:

  1. I love them both but the acoustic eeks a win for me. Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. To compare the orginal version and the MTV Unplugged version is very difficult. They are completely different in feel, character and general aura of the same tune. Almost as if it was done by two artist's of different genres or comparing a "Woodstock"/Stadium event to an intimatelittle romantic club setting. I think the MTV Unplugged version the music is in the forefront rather than the lyrics creating a romantic love song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I am much of a music critic...if it sounds good, I like it! The acoustic version sounds good = I like it! Actually, I love this version! However, I do agree with Scott, it sounds like they are done by two different artist's.

    ReplyDelete